- Meet the Team
- Brand Resources
- Photos and Video
- Web and Interactive
Call for proposals
150th anniversary mini-grants
In support of our upcoming 150th anniversary, Missouri S&T is offering mini-grants to support creative ways to help the university honor its past, celebrate its present and envision its future.
S&T will celebrate its 150th anniversary as a university from October 2020 to November 2021 through a series of campuswide signature anniversary events. Grants for up to $5,000 will be available to projects or events that best meet the goals of celebrating this milestone anniversary and raising Missouri S&T’s visibility to key audiences. A committee appointed by the S&T 150th Anniversary Advisory Committee will screen applicants and, in consultation with S&T leadership, will award the grants. Successful grant awardees’ events or projects will be identified as official 150th anniversary events and will carry the 150th anniversary visual and verbal identity.
These grants will support projects and events that help:
- raise the visibility of Missouri S&T
- build the reputation of the university as a leading public technological research university for discovery, creativity and innovation
- interact with and educate the general public on the achievements of S&T students, faculty, staff and alumni.
All S&T academic departments, registered student organizations and administrative units are eligible to apply for the grants.
Successful applicants will demonstrate how grant funds will be used to raise the university’s visibility to key audiences and/or attract the general public to campus as part of the sesquicentennial efforts. In addition to involving individual community members, the applicant will target specific segments of the population such as elementary school students, young adults, etc., through programming or projects.
- Application opens: April 15, 2019
- Application closes 11:59 p.m. CST Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019
- Grant period: October 2020 – November 2021
- Grants winners will be notified by email no later than Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019
- Final report due: December 20, 2021
- Open to Missouri S&T departments and registered student organizations.
- Applicant must host an event that features a high-profile nationally or internationally known speaker and/or a curricular, classroom or community event or project that strengthens S&T's position as the state's leading public university.
- Events or projects may include lectures, workshops, cultural events, concerts, theater productions, academic activities, sporting events, receptions, student competitions or other activities to coincide with the anniversary.
- Events or projects that involve partnerships with organizations outside of Missouri S&T are eligible for grant funding.
- Applicants must provide one or more letters of support from a local community partner or partners who will aid in promoting the event or project.
Strong applications will include the following:
- Description of the need for the proposed event.
- Details of when programming/activities could take place during the grant year.
- Description of how the event will be used to both connect people to the university’s history and strengthen its reputation.
- Description of the overall budget for the activity.
All applications must be submitted through our online system. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for a mini-grant
Applications for mini-grants may be submitted below between April 15, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. CST Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019. Be sure to provide all the requested information. Grant award winners will be notified by email no later than Dec. 15, 2019.