- Meet the Team
- Brand Resources
- Photos and Video
- Web and Interactive
Creating/Editing a Page Title and Name
The section name is the text you see in the url of the page and what it is named in the Terminal 4 site structure.
Ex. This page's name is in bold at the end of the URL
The section title is the text you see in the tab of your browser that represents the name of the page and browsers use it as the default text when you bookmark a page. Search engines also use it for the link name when they display a search and the proper use of a section title in general makes it easier to find and identify a page on the web.
Ex. This page's title is "Creating/Editing a Section Title "
1. To add or edit a section title, the first thing you need to do is to log in to Terminal 4’s direct edit view.
2. After logging in, select the "Modify" button.
3. A drop down window like this one below should now appear.
4.The "page name" section of the window is how the page will show up within the Terminal 4 site structure. Make sure use all lower case letters and hyphens ("-") or underscores ("_") to indicate a space, for example, use "my-web-page" rather than "My Web Page" as the name. Everything else will be stripped from the name, but in many cases, capital letters or special characters can cause issues later so make sure to only use the two mentioned earlier.
5.Type in the text you wish to have as the section title and move on to the next.
6. The "page title" section of the window is the section title. The section title is the text that will appear in the tabs of your browsers after Missouri S&T as so. Also it will serve as the name of the page on the bread crumb trail of the page and a keyword for google searches for your page.
7. Type in the text you wish to have as the section title and click update.
8. The page name and or page title will now have been changed.